Rohr-Idreco is an internationally operating company where high-quality dredging machines are designed and produced, which are used in the mining and dredging industry, among other things. The company has offices in the Netherlands (Doetinchem), Germany (Mannheim), France (Betting) and Conroe (USA).
Working at Rohr-Idreco means working in a result-oriented organization and in an informal working atmosphere. There is plenty of room for your own initiative and responsibility, so you can help fill your position and its future prospects.
What are you going to do?
You are part of a team responsible for designing, producing, or retrofitting dredging equipment. As Senior Electrical Engineer you design, create and implement the electrical power function in high-quality dredging machines. You play an important role in the project team by finding the right (electrical) technical solutions to meet up the expectations of the client by translating his wishes by yourself in a designs or orders to suppliers. Good communication and negotiating skills and a cooperative mindset are therefore necessary. You will be lead in basis & details engineering, but also you will be consulted during commissioning.
What are your main tasks?
- Design, create and implement electrical schematics as per international codes and standards
( DIN, VDE, DGUV, EN, BS, NEC, ANSI/NFPA etc.)
- Review and approve all electrical design, requirements applicable to the project
- Participate in Rohr-Idreco electrical specifications and standard, release to P&ID and quote technical evaluation
- Develop complete schematics (P&ID) and Bill of Material for control cabinets and field components analog and digital technology
- Enforce application of Rohr-Idreco electrical standards and manage suppliers during specification, design review, design approval (using EPLAN Pro Panel)
- Actively lead the layout of the control circuit by working closely with suppliers
- Implementing and managing continuous improvement including the addition of advanced and conventional technologies to improve quality, productivity and reduce overall waste
- Support validation teams during design validation and process validation phases
- Design project layouts and run cable calculations
- Develop and maintain proper documentation of all electrical equipment and associated procedures, making updates as required by modifications
- Cooperate within the development team, consisting of developers, engineers, project- contract- and offtake managers as well as a network of external development partners
- Support manufacturing-, development- and test teams located at the manufacturing plants
- Manage electrical and cabinet builds and field wiring
What’s being asked?
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- At least ten years of experience as an Electrical Design Engineer
- Deep understanding of the electrical properties of systems and their interaction with other electrical systems
- Ideally, you have practical experience in high-frequency technology, EMC and previous design experience in power electronics is a plus
- Experienced with functional codes and standards (DIN,VDE,DGUV,EN,BS,NEC,ANSI/NFPA etc.)
- Strong communications and collaboration skills (teamplayer)
- Result focus, focus on quality, Self-starter, Structured way of working, high sense of reliability and accountability, flexible
- Analytical ability and attention to details
- PC literate: MS Office, EPLAN Pro Panel, Visio (Tia portal Siemens)
- Excellent written and spoken English/German skills
What’s being offered?
- Pleasant working atmosphere and work in a ambitious team, location Doetinchem
- A varied field of activity with personal development opportunities
- The freedom to planning and organise your own work
- Competitive Salary
If you’re hard-working and dedicated, Rohr-Idreco is an ideal place to get ahead.
Interested? Don’t hesitate and apply today! Contact our HR Advisor.